MG Properties Group is seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee our Arizona, Northern California, Oregon, Seattle and Lancaster portfolios. This individual is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the communities in the management portfolio at all times. Duties to include preparation of training curriculum for all facets of trade skills and training and development of all maintenance employees; insure a safe living environment for residents, visitors and staff. Anticipate, identify and correct any and all problems involving the property and implement procedures that will prevent such problems. Completing rehab schedules according to budget and deadline. Responsible for motivating, supervising and training all subordinates according to company policy.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Performs maintenance/ construction tasks personally or delegates to assistants. Oversees and inspects work performed by employees. Analyzes reports such as turnover, make ready etc in software. Schedules specialty personnel. Solicits bids and vendors. Prepares scopes of work for contractors regarding any rehabs per budget amounts from VP of Property management.
- Institutes/manages system for handling resident service requests and preventive maintenance plans. Corrects situations within 24 hours when possible. Holds regular training meetings to upgrade employee skill levels.
- Assists the Community Managers in coordinating and directing the maintenance staff and schedules insuring proper coverage for emergency purposes, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Creates and implements developmental plans for maintenance teams.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the communities in the entire portfolio and immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Maintains accurate records regarding rehabs, liability risks, preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedules, supervises and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Models, trains and assists in development of all subordinate maintenance staff. Instills a "safety first" attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff.
- Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing personal protective safety equipment.
- Create and implement Maintenance Mentoring program for new hires and development including regular training of mentors and systematic approach to training to ensure all team members are trained effectively at hire and prior/with promotions. Tracks training topics, maintains training schedules.
- Responsible for creating curriculum and schedule for MGU Maintenance courses throughout the year.
- Responsible for ensuring training of all new hires via orientation training either personally or with approved mentor.
- Responsible for consolidating vendors and service providers for all operating categories in the P&L to minimize expenses while controlling quality.
- Assists with recruiting pipeline, interviewing and candidate selection for the maintenance teams in support of Regional Managers.